Friday, February 7, 2014

Quiksilver gets a shout out on This American Life podcast



This American Life, WBEZ Chicago, is a public radio broadcast that airs weekly, sharing stories to around 2.1 million listeners over more than 500 stations.

On the most recent episode, 517: Day at the beach Quiksilver board shorts received a shout out for the outstanding durable quality of their product.

The story can be found in  Act Two: Long talk on a short pier, a story told by comedian Sam Mullins; remembering back to his teen years, throwing a beach birthday party for his best friend at the time who happened to be a girl.  By the end of Sam finds himself quite embarrassed, half naked, and yelling for his Mom, and as Sam puts it "...because the good people at Quiksilver make too fine a product, and my trunks didn't rip..."

"...I had enough momentum from my heroic sprint that I was now sliding on the surface of the dock.  Now, had I just slid off the edge and into water that would have been totally fine, I would have been like, pshhh, that didn't even hurt I'm going to go get the ball now.  But that isn't what happened because, there was a nail up, and the nail cut me from here to about here, and about here it caught onto my bathing suit.  Now, had the bathing suit ripped and I fell in it would have been okay, even if it fully caught my suit and it ejected me from the suit naked into the lake I truly believe that I could have brought it back, and I would have been okay.  I would have been like, wow! What a freak accident, could you pass me my trunks I'm going to go get the ball now.  But, that isn't what happened, because the good people at Quiksilver make too fine a product, and my trunks didn't rip, so what happened was.."     --Sam Mullins, as told on This American Life
                 


No comments:

Post a Comment